May 11, 2009

Chennai Super Kings-ku Whistle Podu, Machi!





WOW! What a come-back! Hayden-ku kovil kattalam! I almost lost interest in this season’s IPL when they were thrashed by the Deccan Chargers. Latcho and I were steaming when we saw Gilchrist and Gibbs fly every ball outside the boundary! But I guess that was just the calm before the storm. The subsequent matches against Rajasthan (twice), Punjab, Delhi and Deccan were a treat to watch. It’s not only about winning and marching up to the top of the table from sixth or seventh position. It’s about their attitude about the winning and losing(Yuvi, you got to learn something from us da!). Dhoni, for his experience, pitchu odharran and Hayden, for what he has accomplished in life, is almost deivam. Badri is finally getting the attention he deserves and Raina has been one hell of a thala throughout the season. I went all awww when Badri said “I owe it to Hayden”! Enna batting, enna bowling. Morkel, Balaji and Jakati wickets thookradha paakanume! I know they suck at fielding but that’s just one little little problem and with their attitude, they can be all Jonty Rhodes anytime they want! Idhula too-cute matter enna na, the not-so-skimpily-clad cheerleaders and Sivamani’s drumming! Thaaru-maaru! Truly Chennai! No matter where we go, adhe spirit! Also Hayden is planning to settle down in Chennai (another awwwww!). If he does stay back, I am so going to meet him!! CSK, they rock!! With great style and attitude, they are roaring it out! And I am loving it totally! Thanks machi, for all the entertainment and pride you brought us! CSK-ku, truly, oru periya whistle podu!

p.s. I really wish IPL would happen in India next year. I really really do. Room-lendhu whistle podradhu vendam. Stadium-ku poi oru ragala pannanum!

0 comments: