June 3, 2009

Its that time of the trimester again!

Four exams. Numerous slides (I haven't bothered counting). Around 300 pages of Priyasha on different subjects (Thank god for her!!). And abominable abdominal cramps. Six whole days to catch Chennai Mail and escape to home. It is funny how I crave for a million things at this point like my mom's vathhal kozhambu rice with ghee and applam (which I used to complain about a few years back!), my grandmom's manga pachhadi and my chithhi's aloo parathas (I have had it only once and I fell in love with it).

Then I want to hop on to my TVS-Excel and roam around aimlessly in K.K.Nagar with Vidhya and go to my terrace just to gaze at the stars.

I want to chat with my mama (knowing it will end in a huge argument with eventually one of us storming out of the room) and I want to read Kungumam for ugly news about Tamil films and politics.

I want to lay on the oonjal in paati house and swing by listening to my grandmom chant vishnu sahasranamam or sudharshanashtakam- this restores all my peace and energy even though I am not one bit spiritual or god-fearing.

I also want to go to my dance class just to listen to Ambika Akka sing and talk to us in the sweetest voice ever and then have lime tea with Poorna, Sandhya, Nithya, Janani, Swapna and GK- not to forget Bharati aunty teasing me about how much I talk.

I want to have a long telephone conversation with Gow, Aishu and Sindu- update them about these four years and renew the almost-lost friendship.

I want to have a proper chat/conversation with dad and mom about what I want to do with my life (more like ask them what I should be doing with it) over a nice three course meal on a not-so-sunny Sunday afternoon.

And then, knowing it is not going to happen for the next four months, I badly want to go around Chennai with Varun the usual way- go shopping in Kalpastree, City Center, Spencer's (have a fight in each of these places) and have a nice lunch at Copper Chimney (with Varun's favourite cream of tomato soup and my favourite sauteed tandoori gobi) and end it with my hazelnut frappe and his dark tempation (amazing chocolate cake served with whipped cream and vanilla ice cream) at Barista.

I WANT THEM ALL NOW. NOW NOW NOW! :(

5 comments:

pooja said...

amma... swalpa jasthi demands aythu!!!

Benarasi Bahu said...

and i wanna be in cal, gorge on tiger prawns at my masi's place...
go to my favourite restaurant Mocambo and have their famous prawn cocktail, then zip to Oxford to spend two glorious hrs browsing random books...
and then! sigh...eat puchkas on a rainy cal evening, half-drenched, giggling...

more at: www.theterracottafloor.blogspot.com

krithika said...

@ pooja: nee salpa baai muchko!!

@ tuhi: yey! yey! yey!! will check it out! :D

Ramya Shankar said...

Never knew u blogged too!! Yaay!

krithika said...

hehe. yes i ve been rambling for quite sometime now!! :D