A very popular and typical Deva song of the 1990's.
With the drive to listen to something different, I loaded my Ipod with songs I usually don't - one of them being manam virumbudhe unnai. Not really sure if I liked it when it released but I quite liked it today. Fresh and energetic with a lovely BGM. With a little Carnatic touch, Harini's pitch is really good. And the lyrics- SO cute!!! Easy to sing along. On watching its video from Youtube: Simran's enthusiasm to dance is a treat to watch despite the immature expressions, excessive hip-shakes and dowdy dressing.
Brought a smile to my face. Taste in music can never be defined. It doesn't have to be. I guess it is something you keep exploring always and it feels good to know you liked something different today. Something fresh. Something you could relate to in some way or the other, like the rush of energy in this song.
And I hope to discover many such cute songs that make your day. Especially on those gloomy days- like the exam time! :D
4 comments:
Is this Harini's full name by any chance Harini Vishwanathan? And at the risk of sounding ignorant, whats BGM?
BGM is background music. :D
And Harini'f full name, I dont know but she is the one who sang nila kayigarudhu from indira.
I have this senior from my school who went to Madras and became a playback singer. Her name is Harini. But if this song is from the early 90s then its not her.
I dont think this is the same Harini. Harini passed out from my school which is PSBB. :)
Post a Comment