Rise and shine. Projects again.
Dude! I am in fourth year now! Why on earthy am I still asked to write research papers?! SICK AND TIRED of this humdrum exercise! Its so boring! This is the fortieth paper I am working on in a span of three years and three months. Its beyond me. Not only because of the pressure and fatigue. There is more to it. Its FUTILE. I can assure I haven't learned much from it! I mean its not even funny anymore. Such a mechanical drill. You pick your topic. Stand in the queue and consult the teacher. Sometimes you also have to come for a second one to suck up. Most of what happens in the consultation can never be considered even remotely helpful. Then with those awful thoughts about fear of plagiarism, lack of originality and need for analysis, you drag yourself to the library only to find 10000 others like you there! With much difficulty, you find a few articles here and there, a few pages of books and priceless advice from friends (and rarely a senior's project!). Spend at least 500 bucks (as if!) on photocopy ing the research as you are not allowed to issue more than one book or issue certain other expensive books. Whats more interesting here is now we have just one photocopy machine handled by a useless dork (who hates me as much as I hate him!) and I have to stand a queue for hours together (not to forget carry FAT books) to get a few pages photocopied. As this gets over, the most amazing (oooh ooh oooh!) part comes in. Read them, analyze the inputs, form research questions (wow! how exciting!), arrive at your opinions (which I am usually good at but not when it comes to law!) and suggest effective changes to our legal system (like they are all waiting for me to publish it)! During the process of doing your projects, you have to wait for extensions as well. You wait wait wait and wait to get a two-day extension which is clearly not enough considering the constraints on campus- network failure and when it works, it is slowest wireless network possible, library will be shut when we need it the most, power cuts, etc. With all this you make a somewhat okay project. Mail the softcopy (a bandwagon introduced by teachers one after the other in an attempt to check for plagiarism) to the teacher. Oh you know what? It doesn't end here! We then have a stimulating interactive event called presentation followed by viva in which you will be reminded of how hopeless your existence is. Sigh. After this, the marks range from 19-24/35 for me (after the deduction of marks for late submission). Is this even worth it?!
At this point, I only feel used. Used by this system. And I'll make sure Bar Council of India (and the other intellects responsible for this wretched system) learns how it has killed all my peace! Bah!
Dude! I am in fourth year now! Why on earthy am I still asked to write research papers?! SICK AND TIRED of this humdrum exercise! Its so boring! This is the fortieth paper I am working on in a span of three years and three months. Its beyond me. Not only because of the pressure and fatigue. There is more to it. Its FUTILE. I can assure I haven't learned much from it! I mean its not even funny anymore. Such a mechanical drill. You pick your topic. Stand in the queue and consult the teacher. Sometimes you also have to come for a second one to suck up. Most of what happens in the consultation can never be considered even remotely helpful. Then with those awful thoughts about fear of plagiarism, lack of originality and need for analysis, you drag yourself to the library only to find 10000 others like you there! With much difficulty, you find a few articles here and there, a few pages of books and priceless advice from friends (and rarely a senior's project!). Spend at least 500 bucks (as if!) on photocopy ing the research as you are not allowed to issue more than one book or issue certain other expensive books. Whats more interesting here is now we have just one photocopy machine handled by a useless dork (who hates me as much as I hate him!) and I have to stand a queue for hours together (not to forget carry FAT books) to get a few pages photocopied. As this gets over, the most amazing (oooh ooh oooh!) part comes in. Read them, analyze the inputs, form research questions (wow! how exciting!), arrive at your opinions (which I am usually good at but not when it comes to law!) and suggest effective changes to our legal system (like they are all waiting for me to publish it)! During the process of doing your projects, you have to wait for extensions as well. You wait wait wait and wait to get a two-day extension which is clearly not enough considering the constraints on campus- network failure and when it works, it is slowest wireless network possible, library will be shut when we need it the most, power cuts, etc. With all this you make a somewhat okay project. Mail the softcopy (a bandwagon introduced by teachers one after the other in an attempt to check for plagiarism) to the teacher. Oh you know what? It doesn't end here! We then have a stimulating interactive event called presentation followed by viva in which you will be reminded of how hopeless your existence is. Sigh. After this, the marks range from 19-24/35 for me (after the deduction of marks for late submission). Is this even worth it?!
At this point, I only feel used. Used by this system. And I'll make sure Bar Council of India (and the other intellects responsible for this wretched system) learns how it has killed all my peace! Bah!
2 comments:
I really really liked this post!!! - (108 on your floor)
Thanks Ruth!! I just didn't know how to show it out...while I was typing my juris project! And this helped!
Post a Comment